Day 1: Trujillo
-Transfer from the Airport to the elected Hotel.
A.M. - Visit of Trujillo city. The tour begins in the Main Square, after that we will visit the Cathedral, Urquiaga House, La Merced Church, the Emancipation House, Iturregui Palace and finally we visit the Archaeological Museum of the National University of Trujillo.
Day 2: Trujillo - Huaca de la Luna - Dragon Temple - Chan Chan - Huanchaco
Huaca de la Luna and Site Museum
- We will visit Huacas del Sol y La Luna, capital of the Moche culture. At the moment it is in excavation Huaca de La Luna. It is possible to see the beautiful murals with the representation of Ai-Paec, the main God of this civilization, also known as the “Decapitator.”
After this visit we go to the Huacas de Moche Museum where we will find the most important ornaments and pieces of pottery discovered during the process of excavations in Huaca de La Luna and the area of the city.
Dragon Temple - Chan Chan - Huanchaco
- The tour begins in the Dragon temple. This site was built by the Chimu culture and it was part of Chan Chan. After this visit we go to Chan Chan Site Museum where there is a scale model of the city, and then we enter to Nik An Complex the only one of nine open to the tourism.
Finally, we depart to the fishing village of Huanchaco, famous for the “Caballitos de Totora”, boats made in reed.
Day 3: Trujillo - El Brujo
The Brujo Complex - The Lady of Cao Museum
- Departure to the Chicama valley to visit the Archaeological Complex “El Brujo”, administrative center of the Moche culture. We will visit the temple Cao Viejo. On the walls of the temple there are designs of prisoners, warriors and other important ceremonial designs. In 2006 was discovered a royal tomb of a principal woman, called “The Lady of Cao”. All the objects and as well the mummy we will see in the Cao Museum.
- After the visit we came back to Trujillo for taking the bus to Chiclayo.
- Arrival to Chiclayo and transfer to the selected hotel..
Day 4: Tucume - Sipan Royal Tombs Museum - Huaca Rajada
Pyramids of Tucume
- Visit of the Ceremonial Center of Tucume, archaeological complex composed for 26 pyramids. This site was the second Capital of the Lambayeque or Sican culture. We will visit as well the Site Museum.
The Royal Tombs Museum
- Visit to the Royal Tombs Museum of Sipan, the most modern in the Peru. The journey allows to know all the objects found in 1987 in the place of Huaca Rajada, well-known as Sipan.
Sipan - Huaca Rajada
- In the afternoon we will visit Sipan or Huaca Rajada, place where was made the most important archaeological discovery of Peru. In the place there is a Site Museum where you can find the ornaments of the other tombs discovered in the site.
Day 5: Brujos Market - Sican National Museum
Mercado de Brujos - National Museum of Sicán
- Visit of Mercado de Brujos, where we will be able to find the different objects, plants and ornaments used in the rituals by the Shamans or brujos.
- Departure to Ferreñafe, to visit the National Museum of Sican where are exhibited the objects of gold found in Batan Grande, old capital of the Lambayeque or Sican culture.
- Free afternoon
- Transfer to the bus station to take the bus to Chachapoyas.
Day 6: Transfer Chiclayo - Chachapoyas
05:00 A.M. - Transfer to your hotel in Chachapoyas.
Sarcophagus of Karajía - Caverns of Quiocta
- Transfer in our vehicle to the province of Luya-Lamud, continuing with our journey visiting the towns of Cohechan and Cruz Pata, from this point we walk for about 20 minutes until the funeral place of the Sarcophaguses of Karajia these belong to the Chachapoyas culture, this funeral style is considered unique on the world.
- Lunch included in a local restaurant in Lamud.
- In the afternoon we visit the caverns of Quiocta with 550 meters of deep, here it is possible to see the stalagmites and stalactites. After that we return to the city of Chachapoyas.
- Dinner in Chachapoyas.
- Overnight in Casa Vieja hostal in Chachapoyas.
Day 7: El Chillo - Kuelap
Kuelap, Clouds and Mountains
- Departure to the citadel of Kuelap, Capital of the Chachapoyas Kingdom. After to cross the town of Nuevo Tingo will be able to observe at the distance, Kuelap in the highest summit, located 3.000 m.a.s.l. The tour in the interior is fascinating, we will walk on dry grasses, finding to each step vestiges of stone constructions. The are about four hundred circular houses, some of them with enigmatic reliefs.
- Box lunch.
- Dinner and overnight in El Chillo lodge.
Day 8: El Chillo - Revash - Leymebamba Museum
Mausoleums of Revash
- Departure to Revash, mausoleums located in the high of a mountain. From the distance they seem houses in red and yellow, but in the time of the Chachapoyas they were used as funeral places.
- Box lunch.
- We drive ten minutes from the town of Leymebamba to visit its famous Museum where are conserved more than 200 mummies that were found in the Lagoon of the Condors, located at eight hours by horse. In the museum are exhibited the different material and ornaments that were found in the Laguna de los Condores.
- Dinner and overnight in La Casona de Leymebamba.
Day 9: Transfer Chachapoyas - Cajamarca
- Transfer from Leymebamba to Cajamarca in private car.
- Box Lunch.
- Overnight in Cajamarca.
Day 10: City Tour - Ventanillas de Otusco - Baños del Inca
- We begin visiting the historical Main Square, the Cathedral, the San Francisco church and the chapel of the Dolores's Virgin, patroness of the city.
We walk to the Belen Complex to visit the Belen church, the old Hospital of Men and the Hospital of Women where now the Archaeological Museum is. Then we enter to the “Ransom Room”, site were was prisoner the Inca Atahualpa. We finish the City Tour with the ascension to the Santa Apolonia hill, to see “the seat of the Inca” and to have a panoramic view of the whole city of Cajamarca.
Ventanillas de Otusco - Baños del Inca
- Visit to the necropolis of Otusco, well-known as “small windows”, later we go to Baños del Inca, tourist site with thermal water, historical site because was a place of recreation of the Inca Atahualpa. Of this time is conserved the bathtub where the Inca took a bath.
- Overnight in Cajamarca.
Day 11: Cumbemayo Channel
- In the route to Cumbemayo we will stop in the Mirador of Bella Vista, to have a panoramic view of Cajamarca, and then we will observe the remains of the archaeological place of Layzon.
After 20 km. we will arrive to Cumbemayo , we will visit the small Site Museum and we will walk to visit the Sanctuary, the Forest in Stones, the Cumbemayo Channel, stopping to see some petroglyphs worked along the aqueduct. In the route we will know the techniques used to allow the control of the water speed.
- Free afternoon
- Transfer to the airport or bus station.