Day 1: Trujillo
-Transfer from the Airport to the elected Hotel.
A.M. - Visit of Trujillo city. The tour begins in the Main Square, after that we will visit the Cathedral, Urquiaga House, La Merced Church, the Emancipation House, Iturregui Palace and finally we visit the Archaeological Museum of the National University of Trujillo.
Day 2: Trujillo - Huaca de la Luna - Dragon Temple - Chan Chan - Huanchaco
Huaca de la Luna and Site Museum
- We will visit Huacas del Sol y La Luna, capital of the Moche culture. At the moment it is in excavation Huaca de La Luna. It is possible to see the beautiful murals with the representation of Ai-Paec, the main God of this civilization, also known as the “Decapitator.”
After this visit we go to the Huacas de Moche Museum where we will find the most important ornaments and pieces of pottery discovered during the process of excavations in Huaca de La Luna and the area of the city.
Dragon Temple - Chan Chan - Huanchaco
- The tour begins in the Dragon temple. This site was built by the Chimu culture and it was part of Chan Chan. After this visit we go to Chan Chan Site Museum where there is a scale model of the city, and then we enter to Nik An Complex the only one of nine open to the tourism.
Finally, we depart to the fishing village of Huanchaco, famous for the “Caballitos de Totora”, boats made in reed.
Day 3: Trujillo - El Brujo
The Brujo Complex - The Lady of Cao Museum
- Departure to the Chicama valley to visit the Archaeological Complex “El Brujo”, administrative center of the Moche culture. We will visit the temple Cao Viejo. On the walls of the temple there are designs of prisoners, warriors and other important ceremonial designs. In 2006 was discovered a royal tomb of a principal woman, called “The Lady of Cao”. All the objects and as well the mummy we will see in the Cao Museum.
- After this visit we continue in route to Chiclayo city. (3 hours from El Brujo).
Day 4: Tucume - Sipan Royal Tombs Museum - Huaca Rajada
Pyramids of Tucume
- Visit of the Ceremonial Center of Tucume, archaeological complex composed for 26 pyramids. This site was the second Capital of the Lambayeque or Sican culture. We will visit as well the Site Museum.
The Royal Tombs Museum
- Visit to the Royal Tombs Museum of Sipan, the most modern in the Peru. The journey allows to know all the objects found in 1987 in the place of Huaca Rajada, well-known as Sipan.
Sipan - Huaca Rajada
- In the afternoon we will visit Sipan or Huaca Rajada, place where was made the most important archaeological discovery of Peru. In the place there is a Site Museum where you can find the ornaments of the other tombs discovered in the site.
Day 5: Brujos Market - Sican National Museum
Mercado de Brujos - National Museum of Sicán
- Visit of Mercado de Brujos, where we will be able to find the different objects, plants and ornaments used in the rituals by the Shamans or brujos.
- Departure to Ferreñafe, to visit the National Museum of Sican where are exhibited the objects of gold found in Batan Grande, old capital of the Lambayeque or Sican culture.
- Free afternoon
- Transfer to the airport or bus station.