El Brujo Expedition
We go to the north taking the Pan-American highway until Chocope (35 Km. from Trujillo). Here we take another route for entering to the historical town of Magdalena of Cao (15 Km. away), where there are different shops with local craft. Finally, we drive to El Brujo archaeological complex, composed by: Huaca Prieta, Huaca El Brujo and Huaca Cao Viejo.
We will visit Huaca Cao with its beautiful polychrome murals. In the Ceremonial Plaza we will see the prisoners and a wall with the Mochica Calendar. Then, we go up to the enclosure where was discovered the tomb of the Lady of Cao. This patio is decorated with murals where the moches represented Aia-Paec and as well the cat fish.
Cao Museum This museum offer a global vision of the cultural process of the archaeological complex. It is made up for six thematic halls, in which are exhibited textiles, pottery, engraved gourds and ornaments made in wood.
The last room is dedicated to the Lady of Cao whose tomb was discovered in 2006. The different ornaments used by this important woman were buried with her: earrings, nose rings, crowns, necklaces, tunics and clubs.
You can see the body very well preserved and it is possible to note the tattoos with snakes and spiders that still decorate her arms.
- * Minimun of 2 adults required
Price:Children or Student
4 hours aprox.
English or french.
– Professional Tour Guide (English or French).
– Car with air-conditioning.
– Entrance fees.
– Transfers from Huanchaco hotels: The extra cost is de 7.00 dollars (one or two people).
– Tip: It is strictly voluntary.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc…) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything
Opinions about our previous property Trujillodelperu.com
Huaca de La Luna
El Brujo Complex
Huaca Arco Iris or Dragon
Plaza de Armas
Churches and Convents
The Peruvian Paso Horse
The Marinera Dance