Historic Mansions in Trujillo
CASA CALONGE OR URQUIAGA
It is located at 446 Pizarro. It is property of Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, which bought it from the Urquiaga family in 1972. It has a neoclassic style. There is a good collection of pottery, rococo furniture , the desk that was used by Simon Bolivar and an important dinner set offered by the Liberator to Juan Antonio Ochaita y Urquiaga in 1824.
Orbegoso 503, since 1987 belongs to Banco Interbank. This mansion has preserved its typical colonial plant and several furniture and carpets from that time.It was the property of Marshal José Luis de Orbegoso y Moncada, the only personality from this region who became President of Perú (1833-1835).
CASA GANOZA CHOPITEA
Independencia 628.This house presents one of the facades with more beautiful mural paintings of the city.Its entrance is Baroque,flanked by two lions,of Rococo style.The window is Empire style and the small balcony has Mudejar features.
CASA DEL MAYORAZGO DE FACALÁ
Pizarro 314,It is the office of Banco Wiese from 1991. The house was built in 1709, by Bartolomé Tinoco Cavero, possessor of the Mayorazgo of Facalá in the Chicama Valley.
In 1950 it was bought by Jaime de Orbegoso who changed the façade and mades it with great coronation, to the neocolonial style.He also placed a new corner balcony similar to the original.
In the patio is situated the Cristopher Colomb statue, made in marble of Carrara, identical to the patio of Cartagena de Indias in Sevilla.
Located at Pizarro 688.Seat of the exclusive Club Central. It was considered the most beautiful mansion of South America. It was built in 1842 by its owner Juan Manuel Iturregui a Leader of the Independence.
CASA DE LA EMANCIPACIÓN
Pizarro 610. It's the office of Banco Continental,in this house the Marquis Torre Tagle planned the Independence of Trujillo,which was proclaimed on 29 December 1820.
It was the site of the First Constituent Congress and Government Palace with Riva Agüero. It exhibits the scale model of the historic center of Trujillo during colonial times. Is halls are permanently open for cultural and artistic exhibitions and conferences.