Full Day in Trujillo
A.M. We go in the morning to the Moche countryside (25 minutes from Trujillo), on the route we visits the Artisan’s house, then we enter to the archaeological complex, capital of the Moche culture where we will see the imposing Huaca del Sol.
Following our route we will visit the Huacas de Moche Museum. Inside, there are pieces of pottery and other objects found during the excavations in the archaeological complex from 1991 until now.
We take our car to go in Huaca de La Luna. At the moment it is in excavation. In the interior we will find the beautiful polychrome murals with the representation of the main God called: Ai-Paec, also known as the “Decapitator.” We walk to the Ceremonial Plaza to observe the stepped facade with enigmatic reliefs in color.
We continue our tour visiting Huaca Arco Iris or The Dragon, located to the north of Trujillo. This temple was built by the Chimu Culture, and it was integral part of Chan Chan. After this visit we go to Chan Chan to visit the Site Museum where we will see the Chan Chan scale model and then we will visit the citadel called Tschudi or Nik An this is the only of nine opened to the tourism.
Finally, we will finish the tour in the fishing village of Huanchaco, famous for the “small reed boats”(Caballitos de Totora) that are used by the local fishermen from ancient times.
- * Minimun of 2 adults required
Price:Children or Student
6 hours aprox.
English or french.
– Professional Tour Guide (English or French).
– Car with air-conditioning.
– Entrance fees.
– Transfers from Huanchaco hotels: The extra cost is de 7.00 dollars (one or two people).
– Tip: It is strictly voluntary.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 14 people per group.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc…) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything
Opinions about our previous property Trujillodelperu.com
Huaca de La Luna
El Brujo Complex
Huaca Arco Iris or Dragon
Plaza de Armas
Churches and Convents
The Peruvian Paso Horse
The Marinera Dance